Community Update 121

• [Blockierte Grafik: https://i0.wp.com/playrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/FotorCreated.jpg?resize=1200%2C597]

Lots of Rust IRL, including how to make a Beancan Grenade, a hand-made Coffee Can helmet, a real-world Rust base, and more.

Welcome

I always click on “Making of…” Rust weapon videos with the same fear people get approaching a suspect package: there’s a chance it could be real, but it’s more than likely to be nothing dangerous and I’ll have looked like a pancky idiot. Yes, I briefly worried about MineDatFunky’s “Crafting A Beancan Grenade” video, because Rust players are terrifying, but it’s fake in the best way imaginable. It’s one of the best things I’ve seen.

There’s some incredible detail in this: the charcoal is ground up with a bone, the knife is a Bone Knife. Frankly, I consider this recipe canon for the in-game item. This isn’t the only example of Rust leaking into the real-world…

Coffee Can Helmet & Signs

Over on reddit, SMV33 has been making props for a Rust film and wanted to show off the helmet they made, while PseudonymousSpy dug out some Rust road signs from an old Halloween outfit.

And that’s not even the last time I saw Rust leaking into the real-world this week.

Rust Base IRL

Finally, PepperTheRed discovered a Rust build in the wild.

I really don’t want to know what a raid looks like in that place.

Community Art

Clicking on the Steam Community is fraught with the same sort of dangers as the final scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Most people choose to not look at it, but I’m definitely more like a Nazi in the regard that I’ll stare directly into it. Note: that is the only time I’m like a Nazi. Anyway, LaserTurken drew us a little scene from the Rust servers, and Bedlam messed around with some screenshots, perhaps trying to evoke post-apocalyptic post-processing.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://i2.wp.com/playrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1485583545_20170125224533_r.jpg?resize=1196%2C673&ssl=1]

I like the word ‘perhaps’. It makes me sound like a contemplative art critic.

Low Spec Rust

If there’s a chance you’re running Rust on integrated graphics, then you probably need a little help. And if you don’t, and just want to experience Rust on the lower end of the spectrum, Low Spec Gamer has shouldered the task of figuring out what needs to be done to play Rust on a very, very limited budget.

That doesn’t make the game look good, but I always love watching Low Spec’s stuff, both for the service he provides and to just see how different games can get on crappy hardware. I’ll never forget what Half-Life 2 looks like.

Xtab’s Skin Round-Up

Skin demon Xtab has been digging into this week’s Workshop treats. Here’s his picks for the best.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://i1.wp.com/playrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/xtab.jpg?resize=1200%2C564]

Perhaps some of those will end up here. Speaking of skins, I am once again in awe of Fred the dog’s OTT skin display. This time he’s made an animation for a single workshop skin.

Ridiculous.

And Finally…

This is what this section was made for.

Via reddit.